Unfortunately, experience has shown that even facial plastic surgery won't eliminate mimic wrinkles. These are the small, medium, and deep wrinkles which begin to change our faces beyond recognition, making them look older, saggier, and more tired. A worthy alternative to surgery is Dysport treatment, which has long been used in cosmetology to eliminate wrinkles quickly.
What is Dysport treatment?
Dysport injection is the trade name of certain types of botulinum toxin ("type A"), which is used in cosmetology to reduce or block the work of the muscles responsible for facial expressions. Dysport injections have been clinically tested in 120 countries. The main injected areas are the zones located in the upper half of the face (i.e., the forehead, eyes, and nose).
The usage of Dysport injections is not a surgical procedure — rather, it is safe, painless, and rapid. It includes microinjection of the medicine directly into the muscles responsible for the formation of facial wrinkles, providing a more youthful and rested face in just one procedure. The effect after a single injection develops within 3 to 14 days, after which it persists for 3 to 9 months. After Dysport treatment, there is no disturbance of microcirculation or sensitivity in the area of injection exposure.
First, a doctor treats the area with antiseptic, marks the lines for treatment, and applies local anesthetic cream. Then, Dysport is injected using a short, thin needle, and ice is applied to the skin for 10 to 15 minutes. In general, the procedure takes 3 to 5 minutes.
What should you do in terms of post-procedure treatment?
10 days after the procedure, you shouldn’t:
- Visit saunas or baths
- Drink alcoholic beverages
- Be in a horizontal position (i.e., lying down or bending over) for 3-4 hours after the procedure
What are the indications for Dysport treatment?
Dysport treatment is injected directly into the muscle tissue. The procedure doesn't take much time, but before it is carried out, a detailed conversation with the doctor is required to determine the indications for injections of Dysport. Indications for the use of Dysport for cosmetic purposes are:
- A presence of facial wrinkles on the forehead, and/or around the eyes or nose
- A correction of the shape of the lips, eyebrows, and/or corners of the mouth
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of the palms, feet, armpits, etc.)
It should be noted that Dysport is used not only in cosmetology, but also in medicine (e.g., in the treatment of ophthalmic diseases, and elimination of muscle tone disorders).
What are the contraindications for the use of Dysport injections?
Temporary contraindications include:
- Children's ages (i.e., up to 12 years)
- Taking of antibiotics, anticoagulants, antiaggregants, baclofen, etc.
- Lactation and pregnancy
- Infectious diseases
There are also constant contraindications to Disport treatment:
- Individual intolerance (if you've ever had an allergy to protein medicines, you must always inform the doctor)
- Blood diseases associated with its coagulability (hemophilia, leukemia, etc.)
- Chronic diseases of the respiratory tract
- Clinical or subclinical manifestations of neuromuscular diseases
We invite you to a consultation at Bella Sana Medical Spa, where the professional staff can answer all of your questions. Before the procedure, we'll consult with you about the price, the area of injection, and the expected results of Dysport treatment. We're happy to help you!