Botox is an American medicine' trademark for a preparation of botulinum toxin A used to treat blepharospasm, strabismus, and muscle dystonia. For cosmetic purposes, it is injected into the muscles and led to its temporary relaxation and weakening. Botox injection has about the same effect as a surgical facial lifting. Botox injections in the upper face area are the most effective way of wrinkles treating. Such a treatment is proven to help you get rid of wrinkles and lines on your forehead and around the eyes. Botox treatment also shows the positive impact in:
- Horizontal upper nose bridge wrinkles,
- Wrinkles near the outer corners of the eyes,
- Wrinkles on their forehead,
- Neck ligament (fascial tissue),
Botox treatment can be provided anyone having wrinkles on the bridge of the nose, near the outer corners of the eyes, on the forehead and who is not ready for surgery in order to correct them.
Botox injection effect
Botox injections have a delightful effect: the wrinkles disappear in certain areas of the skin. Women who once tried Botox injections prefer to save and spend money on this procedure rather than buying expensive clothes.
Contraindications to Botox treatment
Botox treatment is excluded during pregnancy and lactation, myasthenia, dermatitis, and wounds at the forthcoming injection areas, during serious diseases exacerbation.
Some Botox injections tips
Botox injection is one of the most popular and uncomplicated procedures. The treatment can be implemented even during a lunch break. Excellent results are achieved after the first procedure in 80% of patients. In some cases, another procedure is required. The effect of Botox injections on average lasts from three to six months. Thus, the procedure should be repeated 2-4 times a year. There is no specific age when it is best to get Botox as everyone ages differently and feels differently about how well they are aging. Possible candidates for Botox are women who could be someone who has experienced sun damage and/or is a smoker so has prematurely aged skin.
Alternatives to Botox injections
It is possible to get rid of wrinkles on the face with plastic surgery during which the muscles leading to the wrinkle appearance are simply removed. You can also take a course of laser therapy or chemical cleaning instead of Botox treatment but they are less effective.
Botox injections and its combination with other procedures
Botox injections can be combined with other procedures such as injections of collagen which is usually injected into wrinkles located in the lower part of the face.
Fears and myths about Botox treatment
- Many patients are afraid of Botox injections because the word "Botox" is associated with the word "botulism". But such fears are in vain because Botox is injected directly into certain muscles and can’t enter the stomach.
- One more myth is that after Botox injections you will look unnatural, a "mask" appears on your face, and you can't express your emotions. In fact, Botox does not paralyze muscles but temporarily relaxes them giving the face a natural beauty.
- Another concern is a loss of sensitivity and muscle atrophy. However, muscles lose sensitivity only to movements - they continue responding to touching, tickling, and pressing.
- Some women are afraid of allergic reactions. This is not an allergy but a hypersensitivity to Botox.
It can be identified the following undesirable effects of Botox of the complications and side effects:
- Eyelids spasm;
- Eyebrows overhanging;
- Subcutaneous hemorrhage;
- Impaired mobility of the upper lip;
- A headache;
- Mild swelling at the injection area.
Only the skilled physician can help the patient overcome the fear of injection, tell about the pros and cons of Botox treatment by creating a warm confidential atmosphere during a conversation with a person. Come to Bella Sana Medical Spa in order to obtain a strong anti-aging effect, healthy and beautiful skin for a long time!